Freedom is not something to be held close, but given to all.

Sunday, March 06, 2005

I'm not sure that I like this.....

A telegram from Pope John Paul II has added to pressure on Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi to bow to the will of the people on the country's involvement in Iraq, following the death of special services agent Nicola Calipari, a brother of Pontifical Academy for Life bioethicist Fr Maurizio Calipari.The Missionary Service News Agency reports that the Pope sent two telegrams following the revelation that Calipari was fatally wounded as he shielded released Italian hostage Giuliana Sgrena from US military bullets at a Baghdad checkpoint.

This is truly disturbing information. I remember the Pope to be one of the instrumental forces in kicking out the Soviets from Eastern Europe in the 1980's and early '90's. I'm beginning to wonder if the "infallible" head of the Catholic Church has completely lost his marbles.

"Bow to the will of the people?" More like bow to the will of the communist sympathizers in Italy, who seem to have forgotten that it was because of Americans spilling their blood that Italy became a free country.

Has the Pope gone lefty on us? If this is to be the direction of the Catholic Church, which is, after all, an offshoot of Judiasm, then many Catholics may soon be rethinking their affiliation.

I'm already rethinking how much I pay in tithes at this point. If this Church is going to back the wrong horse in this war, I don't want them to get any more of my cash. I'd rather pay it directly to the IDF. I'll at least have the satisfaction of knowing that people who fight for freedom are the recipients of my hard earned cash.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home